Selling with RSMA
Artist Quick Start Video
Who should be an artist on RSMA?
Anyone can register to become an artist on RSMA, however, all product posts on the website are reviewed by the RSMA team prior to being accepted. We assess the quality of the work and may choose to accept or deny posts at our own discretion. It is highly preferred if an artist keeps his Instagram active and updated and links it in his RSMA profile, to help him connect with his audience & ours, and market his work.
RSMA Artists can be:
3. Content Creators
Or anyone else who has something to express.
What type of artwork should be published on RSMA?
Our general guidelines for content we accept are as follows:
1. Must be the artists own original artwork, any evidence indicating otherwise may result in rejection/suspension of the Artwork and/or the Artist Account indefinitely.
2. Must not contain any nudity.
3. Must not contain any political messages.
4. Must not contain any religious messages.
5. Must not contain any form of hate speech, in general.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any published artwork at our own discretion.
You own the rights to your work!
When you post your artwork on RSMA, you continue to control the rights to it. We've made it easy for you to be able to sell your artwork with RSMA without forfeiting the rights to it. You’ll continue to get profits for as long as it generates sales on the store, and you can unpublish your artworks anytime you wish!
How do you join as an artist on RSMA?
Anyone can easily create an artist account with RSMA in less than 10 minutes by following these steps:
1. Register for a normal RSMA account.
2. Verify your email.
3. In your account dashboard, click on "Activate Profile".
4. Provide your username, by following the guidelines mentioned there, and submit.
That's it, you now have your own artist profile with your own page on RSMA. Your profile link will be https://rsma.com/your-username
Please make sure to keep your profile updated & accurate, so people can really know who you are when they visit it, increasing your chances of making money on the platform.
It is highly recommended you provide a link to your social profiles, and use your social profiles on instagram/twitter to promote your artwork on RSMA.
How do you publish your artwork on RSMA?
Publishing an artwork on RSMA by default links each artwork to a "Product Category", allowing you to publish the same artwork on all products of that product category in a single publish. The reason we do this is to simplify the publishing flow, by combining products that have similar printing requirements, you only need to publish the artwork once per product category.
Once you are logged in with an artist account on RSMA, follow these steps to publish your artwork:
1. Visit the design lab, a "Publish" button will be available.
2. Create your artwork on a product, then hit Publish.
3. Provide your artwork details: Title, description, & topics that best represent it. You can also define a default background color for your artwork, as some places in the platform show a preview of the artwork as a standalone without a product mockup.
4. In the next step, you can see previews of your artwork on products in the same product category and define which products you wish to enable, and select the default product colors.
5. In the final step, you can define your royalty levels. We recommend keeping prices on the default level, so you can match our default prices and sell more pieces, but give you the freedom to raise your royalty levels if you feel that is your best option. For more details check the selling guide sections related to pricing.
Once the submission is complete, the product will immediately be available for sale on your profile page, and you’ll see it in your artist portal.
Creating products is absolutely free of cost, so create as many as you like, as long as your artworks are interesting and original, they'll all be accepted.
Resolution requirements for uploading Artworks on RSMA
To allow great print quality on RSMA, any images you upload in the design lab will be limited to scale within the print area based on the printing quality needed for that product. Each product category has different requirements which will be reflected accordingly in the lab while you design for that category.
How does pricing on RSMA work?
All product prices on RSMA are composed of two things:
1. Base Price: this is a fixed price set per product which we charge for our products.
2. Artist Royalty: This is determined by the artist royalty level set when publishing their artwork.
Note: RSMA sometimes offers discounts up to 20% through promotion codes, discounts always apply on the entire price, which may affect your actual royalty earned per sale, we believe this is the best strategy to help increase your overall earnings throughout your partnership with us.
The pricing table below explains our current collection of products and their associated pricing structures:
How do you earn money on RSMA?
There are two main ways to earn money on RSMA:
1. Artist Earnings: also called Royalty Earnings, and this is the money you earn for your set royalty on each product sale of your published artworks on RSMA. This can very based on the product type & royalty level set when you publish any artwork on RSMA. More details on royalty levels in the artist's royalty section of the guide.
2. Curator Earnings: this is the referral commission, for sales of any product on RSMA which were referred by you. The way this works is explained in depth in the curator earnings section of the guide.
Artist Earnings - Explained
Each product on RSMA has predefined Royalty levels. We always recommend keeping the default pricing, which we carefully crafted to help you sell at a competitive price, such that with enough volume of sales you can still make great earnings.
You can set a royalty level (from 1 to 5) when you publish your artwork.
For the full details on pricing & royalty rates, check the pricing section of the guide.
Curator Earnings - Explained
We recognize that as artist & art loves, we enjoy sharing the art we love. We have a built-in system that can reward you for sharing the artworks you love, whether you or someone else created them, you can still earn commissions when sharing it.
This type of your earnings is what we call "Curator Earnings".
Any commissions you earn do not affect the artist who created it, your commission is paid out of our own share of the price charged at the sale. Even if the product sold in the referral is yours, you still get the full royalty, along with the extra curator commission.
Curators earn 10% of the base price all RSMA products sold in the order they referred. For full details on the base price rates, check the pricing section of the guide. Please note, commissions are affected by discounts, if the order is discounted.
The way commissions are earned, is in one of the following ways:
1. User Promo Code: distinguished artists & curators on RSMA can earn badges, which give them the ability to create promo codes their friends & fans can use. Any sale made with a promo code you issued is guaranteed to reward you with a commission on that sale. Check the badges & promos section of the guide for more details.
2. Referral Links: while logged on RSMA, any page on the platform can be shared as a referral. Simply click on the vertical dots icon in the header, and get a referral link that will be associated with your account. Any users that comes to the platform through your link is marked as referred by you.
3. Profile Link: Any user that enters the platform be clicking on your profile link, is automatically considered as referred by you.
Things to consider about the referrals system mentioned in points 2 & 3:
1. All referrals are saved for a full week on on the device which the customer entered from. So even if they don't purchase anything in the same day, but come back after a few days and purchase something, you will still be rewarded for the referral.
2. Referrals persist after an order is placed, so a single referral can reward you from multiple orders if the customer makes another purchase in the same week.
3. There can only be one referral linked to each order. We can't reward two commissions on the same order.
4. Referral links are considered strong referrals, and they will overwrite any existing referrals, if one exists.
5. Profile links are considered passive referrals, and they will only be marked as a referral if there is no referral currently saved for that user.
Badges & Promos - Explained
There is 2 types of badges that can be earned on RSMA, each unlocking certain perks:
1. Artist Badge: There is 3 tiers for this type of badge, and is unlocked by the total number of your products that have been sold on RSMA successfully. Once granted, we will show a public badge on your RSMA profile, and give you the ability to create promotions on RSMA. Perks get better for each tier.
2. Curator Badge: There is 3 tiers for this type of badge, and is unlocked by the total number of product sales that you have earned commission on with RSMA successfully. Once granted, we will show a public curator badge on your RSMA profile, and give you the ability to create promotions on RSMA. Perks get better for each tier.
The tiers are as follows:
1. Gold Tier: Granted on 100 products sold as artist or curator. Unlocks ability to create a 10% discount promo code on all RSMA products, this promo lasts 72 hours, unlimited number of orders.
2. Platinum Tier: Granted on 500 products sold as artist or curator. Unlocks ability to create a 15% discount promo code on all RSMA products, this promo lasts 48 hours , unlimited number of orders.
3. Diamond Tier: Granted on 1000 products sold as artist or curator. Unlocks ability to create a 20% discount promo code on all RSMA products, this promo lasts 24 hours, unlimited number of orders.
Some notes regarding badge tiers & promos:
- Total number of sales as artist or curator is counted separately, not combined
- When you create a promo, your own RSMA profile username will always be used as the promo code.
- All promos can only be created once per 30 days. The cooldown is not shared between tiers.
- You can only have one promo active at the same time. To create a promo from another tier, you must wait until the active one expires.
- Any sales made with your promo code, will grant you the curator commission for that sale. Keep in mind, discounts apply on the total price, so any commissions you earn from someone using your promo will be calculated as 10% of the product base price after the discount.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding the badges & promos, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected]
Your RSMA Wallet & How To Withdraw Your Money
You can always go to your account dashboard to track your earnings, check your balance, and add your banking information.
Currently, we only support bank transfer method. You can add your bank account information in your wallet, once they are added, they can only be changed by sending an email from your RSMA registered email to [email protected] (this is for security purposes), so please ensure you add your bank account information correctly.
In your wallet, you'll notice the following:
- Your Pending Balance: this is your total earnings that are from orders currently being processed, once any order product is complete (received by the customer), the amount of earnings linked to that product is moved to the due balance.
- Your Due Balance: this is your total earnings that we owe you. Meaning this is the actual amount of money you can withdraw from your RSMA wallet once you request a withdraw. Any withdrawal request will issue a request with the full amount of the due balance.
Available Withdrawal Methods:
1. Local Bank Account (Saudi Arabia): The minimum is 375 SAR (equal to 100 USD). Bank transfer time takes up to 1 business day from the day we mark it as complete, to show up in your account.
2. International Bank Account: The minimum is 1500 SAR (equal to 400 USD). Bank transfer time takes between 3-10 business days usually, from the time we mark it as complete.
3. Convert To RSMA Store Credit: This method has no minimum amount, it immediately converts your due balance to store credit you can use to buy from RSMA.
Notes regarding bank transfer payments terms & limits:
- Only one request can be in processing at a given time.
- Each withdraw request can take up to 1 week to be processed by our team.
- We fully cover the expense of the transfer fees. For this reason, there is a minimum on withdrawals to keep costs reasonable.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding wallets or withdrawals, please send us an email at [email protected]
RSMA maintains the right to change pricing & earnings structures
We’ll always be grateful to our artists, and will show it by keeping your earning rates as high as possible, however, our strategy in ensuring the best results for everyone may change in the future, so we must make this statement:
The pricing & earnings granted to artists may change at any given time, a notice 30 days prior to the effective date of change will be sent out to all registered users through email before we change the rates. RSMA maintains the right to change this for all existing artists and for future users as we see necessary. If you receive notice of a change in pricing or earnings and continue using the service after the effective date of the change you are considered to have accepted this change. If you have any queries regarding your earnings or your account please contact us at [email protected]
Promote your artwork!
Share your products with everyone you know through social media, it can work wonders for your earnings! You may also share on Instagram through the tag #RSMA or tag us @rsmaplatform and we may share it with everyone we know as well!